UNDERSTANDING PSALM 23
Psalm 23 is a common chapter found in the Holy Bible. Interestingly, it is a prayer which is taught in schools right from the early stages of education.
Being a common prayer which majority of people know how to recite off-head, very few have paused to understand how important it is to our faith.
Below is an analysis of Psalm 23, to help you understand and appreciate what God is doing for you. Enjoy!!!
HOLY BIBLE (NLT)
- The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
- He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.
- He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.
- Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me.
- You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
- Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
WHAT IS GOD’S RESPONSIBILITY?
- He is my Shepherd.
- He provides me all that I need.
- He lets me rest in green meadows.
- He leads me beside peaceful streams.
- He renews my strength.
- He guides me along right paths.
- He is close beside me.
- His rod and staff protect and comfort me.
- He prepares a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
- He honors me by anointing my head with oil.
- He makes my cup (life) overflows with blessings.
- He makes His goodness and unfailing love pursue me all the days of my life.
WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY?
1. Even when I walk through the darkest valley (trials, temptations, persecutions and negative pressures of this world), I WILL NEVER BE AFRAID.
2. Live (abide) in His house (presence) forever.
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS
1. What is the reason for most of my innermost fear?
2. How does psalm 23 helps me?
3. Why did God take up such responsibilities?